ME Models is making a fully functional model railway system that can compliment the current LEGO® Gauge railway offering.
- The ME Models rail system is designed to expand upon the abandoned LEGO® 9-volt electrically powered line and sustain it for the future. After discussions and conducting surveys with many LEGO® brand train enthusiasts, ME Models undertook the task of producing a fully compatible “L” Gauge System. The project began in September of 2010 and ME Models released our first test “METAL RAILS” known as the “straights” in April of 2011. After a successful and well received launch, we turned our attention to developing new geometries and radii.
While ME Models has been a self-funded company, the expense of creating injection molds, tooling and fixtures for metal fabrication is very high. In order to meet the standards the LEGO® brand building community expects it takes a tremendous amount of investment to meet the
following criteria we have demanded of our product:
Versatility: Our product is not a single piece unit. The multiple piece construction allows the hobbyist to customize their layout to his/her specifications.
Compatibility: We guarantee our product will work seamlessly with LEGO® brand rail products.
Affordability: We aim to be the most reasonable solution on the market today and tomorrow.
Quality: Our manufacturers understand that the product produced must have the highest quality control standards in place.
We have designed, tested, manufactured and proto-typed rails in both metal and plastic over the past 36 months. We have engaged more than a dozen metal fabricating
companies, three different mold makers, two plastic parts manufacturers in our quest to deliver what we promised to the LEGO® Brand Train Hobbyists – A fully functional compatible railway system. Not only in metal, but also in ABS plastic! 2014 Rail Delivery Timeline
We will produce and make every effort to deliver on time the following NEW geometries and elements on or before the third quarter of 2014:
- *˝ Length - 8 studs in length both in metal and ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic rails
- Standard Length – 16 studs in length in both metal and ABS plastic rails
- *Double Length – 32 studs in length in both metal and ABS plastic rails
- *R56 Curve – In both metal and ABS plastic rails
- *R72 Curve – In ABS plastic rails
- *R88 Curve – In ABS plastic rails
- *R104 Curve – In ABS plastic rails
- 2x8 Plates - Blue Gray, Red Brown, Dark Brown, Black and any other color by demand
- *ME Models Universal Connectors – Same colors as mentioned above
Please click on the following link to help ME Models deliver the Railway System that the "L" gauge
- 2010: Concept / Development
- 2011: Production Test / Development
- 2012: Geometry Development / Testing
- 2013: Geometry Development / Testing
- 2014 Q1: Tooling Procurement
- 2014 Q2: KickStarter Project Launch
- 2014 Q3: Delivery of Backer Rewards